Tuesday, January 31, 2012

long time no talk

I realize it's been a while. A lot has been happening, so let me catch you up a bit.
Shane is at pilot training in Pueblo, Colorado for the next three weeks. He's already been there a week (feels like forever) and he's doing great! He has made almost a perfect score on everything he has done there. He had no prior flying experience, and his instructor pilot (IP) said he's doing a lot better than pilots with prior hours. So he's in good shape! Thank you for your prayers! He told me he feels them when we talked yesterday :)

I wanted to do something special for Shane while he was away. It's a really intense time for them up there,  constant studying and stressful situations, etc. Of course I wanted him to be encouraged, so I made him a booklet of encouragement. One for everyday while he was away. Here's a little of what it has inside:








As for everything else! I am so blessed by my family and friends. My best friend Ashley flew down to Del Rio to spend the night and endure the 8 hour trek from Del Rio to Dallas with me and Bear. What a bestie! Shane was especially thankful for her, as I've never driven 8 hours without him and he felt better me having a partner :)
Since we've been in Dallas, its been a whirlwind! I'm working on training Bear with the The Dog Whisperer's  methods, and let's just say he makes it look easy. She might just be particularly stubborn, but it's taken her quite a while...and well, she still doesn't have it. I think she's being protective of me since Shane is gone, but its wearing me out. She bites people and other dogs, and barks almost constantly. I take her out for walks/jogs for an hour a day, and stay calm and assertive for the most part...although anyone that has known me knows assertiveness is NOT my strong suite. If anyone has any advice, please HELP!

Time with family has been great. And we still have three weeks to go (I'm hoping for two), so they'll be plenty of time to hang out I hope.

I also have a sewing project to start and finish in this two weeks. Ah yes, as you may remember, my curtains. My beautiful cousin JoAnn blessed me with a sewing machine, and I gave it a go the first day I go it and then got discouraged and gave up. My mom will teach me when I get back to their house this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. This book reminds me of another book we had to make for the Fawcett. Remember? I believe there was a certain four letter word on the back page of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashley its time for you to update your blog missy!
    also, it was hilarious recalling that book. hahaha, oh college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute book! What a great idea! I'm sure he will LOVE it! Talked to Amber today for a little bit. It's really great talking to you all and having you and your family in my life. I'm lucky to have you.
    Love you! Let me know if you need anything while Shane's away. Don't lose your patience with the sewing machine. I'm terrible with sewing. That's why you got it. I just bought it so I could get free shipping on another item. LOL Love you tons!!!
    ~Joann~

    ReplyDelete