Wednesday, September 12, 2012

we should have our own show

Well, as many of you probably already know because I can't seem to keep up on my bloggg, SHANE GOT HELICOPTERS!


Not only did he get helicopters, he also got an award. I think it was called "Top Longhorn" because he was the all-around guy...and longhorn because that's what their flight was called (not to be confused with Texas Longhorns. He doesn't play football). 

So we are moving to Alabama! When you may ask? I'll tell you. September 27th. That's right, in like two weeks. I started packing immediately because if there is a project to be done I don't like waiting until the last minute to get things together. Plus there is SO much to do...mostly creative crafty projects. I posted pictures of my reupholstered chair on instawesome...but I will also put them on here. Along with the detailed process! I'll admit, I've never documented anything to put on a blog, so I'm sorry that I don't have pictures for every step. I have a tough remembering things sometimes. Anyway, so more of that to come later! But since I did  mention that we had projects to finish, I'll show you what shane has been working on while I was busy with my chair: 

As you may remember, Shane so lovingly agreed to build something for our entryway. After all of his hard work, I came across some pictures of stained and buffed wood and LOVED the look. Real professional like. So I gently asked him what he thought about maybe, um, sanding and refinishing the entryway piece. Because he's the best husband ever, he agreed. So we went to Home Depot and spent a million hours researching and got-to-it. I tried to sneak a peak of Shane sanding with his shirt off so everyone could see his pretty muscles, but he just so happened to look at the window while I was peering through the blinds with my camera. Oops. But here's the pictures I do have: 

After he had sanded it completely. That was three days worth of sanding by the way.

This is after we stained it. (Sorry the picture sucks apparently my iPhone pictures aren't as good as I thought). 

And here's close up. I don't know if you can tell, but he buffed it so it looks real shiny and pretty. He did great! That's my man. 

Okay, I'm supposed to be painting our room back to "base-standards" so I'm going to do that instead of procrastinating any longer. More to blog later on the chair-

xoxo, 
gossip girl

(okay not really, its just me Tyler). 








No comments:

Post a Comment