Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Final Turn

I think car races (I'm almost positive that's not the technical term) are an analogy to my life. Well, how I imagine races to be anyway. I'm not a racer, or a race watcher or whatever...but Shane is  playing Mario Kart on WII (so this post isn't completely random). Let me explain my thoughts here.

I'm sure the race car drivers like Koopa Troopa just follow the path in front of them (I chose him because I think he's the cutest...he also reminds me of Pickles). The tracks has straightaways for going lightning fast, and corners for going thunder fast (not as fast as lightning, obviously). I'm also guessing that there are unexpected twists along the way that throws KT off the track,  and then finally when he reaches the finish line...does he even know what place he actually finished in because he's so focused on getting through?

...that game is craz-y. So is my life.

Last week was Shane's last week in T-6 training, which I've talked about for a while now! This Tuesday we find out what he "tracks"...as in what aircraft he's been chosen to fly. None of the students have ANY idea what they are getting assigned. Tuesday at 11, to be exact. Now I have a lot of mixed feelings at this point "in the race" (if you will) because the Air Force is SO unpredictable. So if Shane gets helicopters, we could have to be in ALABAMA in a week. WHAT!? This is exciting and stressful. Exciting because its an unexpected "twist" but stressful because it "throws me off the track. AKA I like having control in my life and this throws it all out the windewr.
Anyway, all this to say, we are at the finish line of the first part of his training. And we will see once we cross it what place we got, and what race will be next. So more importantly, please pray for this next stage! It's going to be crazy fast and exciting!

Okay on to more artsy light things. Because I like to keep it fresh.

I have been working on a few craft projects. One of which is on hold until I get my fabric in (more on that later). But this one! Was A LOT of work and took some patience, but totally worth it in my opinion!

Here we go! I might've mentioned this before but I'm too lazy to go back and check. A while back when we were in Denton we found a great chair and dresser by a dumpster so of course I requested that we stop and pick it up. I forgot to take a picture of it in the before state with the drawers, so you'll see it when Shane has already started, but it still looks pretty ugs:
ew, right? 

Shane working really hard actually. The dresser wasn't in great shape before so he replaced the bottom and made it more reliable than before. (That's my man!)

Here it is after we finished painting it. It's actually a light grey color but it looks white in all the pictures. I thought I took a picture of me painting the drawers but I didn't, apparently. 

This was the most tedious part...but luckily I found this lady's blog on Pinterest and she had a great idea for making chevron stripes. Thank the Lord for Pinterest, right? Can I get an amen? Yes. Oh and can I also get a drumroll? 
.
.
.

Ta-da! Remember, the body of the dresser is actually a light grey, the same as the grey on the top. But because of the lighting or something, it looks white. But not to be confused because the top has white and grey stripes. So, I'm sure you're confused. 

Anyway, it's time to cook dinner. Taco night! AKA I'm lazy and don't want to cook something that takes longer than 15 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment