Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm like Master Shifu (of organizing)

Initially I had a really good idea for this blog post, but I got distracted by my children (Bear and Pickles) because they were licking my feet a lot. I think the gist of what I had to say was something like this:
I've been working on our budget, and boy let me tell you talk about a need to be organized! We have about a trillion dollars in student loans to pay off and one income to do it with. (apparently my job title is still stay at home (mom) and wife). So in having to be organized to stick to our budget, its inspired me to organize other things in our home. But first let me tell you about how organized I am with our budget (it makes me feel productive). I keep all of our receipts (apparently people do that, who knew?) and enter them into iBank to make sure my balance matches the banks. When I didn't do this sometimes transactions wouldn't come through that instant online and I would be led to believe that I had money that in the end, I did not have anymore. I also have a basket on my desk that has upcoming bills in it. Neat, huh? Anyways, it sounds really simple, but in fact its really complex and complicated and takes a lot of time...real genius stuff. 
Okay the next organization project I've been working on is meal planning. Shane and I have been married 9 months and up to this point meals have been pretty easy. But like two weeks ago I got so bored of meal planning each Tuesday of the week. PLUS, it takes so much time. So, this is what I did: 


Yes, its what you think it is. Meal plans forEVER. Well until we get bored of them. I labeled them colors so we could just rotate throughout the months instead of being so week specific or whatever. All of the recipes are different (well mostly) and all of them are healthy! There's 4 colors (1 for every week of the month) and then as we get crazy and try new recipes (from pinterest no doubt) I'll add new colors. How's it going so far you ask? Well, I just started it this week since I was in Dallas last week. But I will say this: some may call it crazy to organize like this--but I saved $50 this week on groceries just by planning meals that have the same ingredients-ish. Can I get an amen?

Amen.

For more interesting points, Shane and I sold the 'ol Nissan Xterra. It was good to us, but the Civic has been better. We decided to go CRAZY and buy a boat with the money!

Okay just kidding. We paid of my credit card (THANK YOU JESUS) and put the rest in savings. Boring.

Travels (around the world) to come in the next few weeks:
-Callie Wallis is gettin MARRIED on the 25th in OKC.
-ABILENE to see my kel bel and lo face
-Dallas just for fun.

A little side note here...Shane finds out what he is going to fly on SEPTEMBER 4th (or something like that!). So if he gets helicopters....ALABAMA here we come.



No comments:

Post a Comment