Thursday, July 12, 2012

random good title for a blog post

Believe it or not, I haven't written because I couldn't come up with a catchy title. It's all about the title. So after weeks of thinking, I just decided on this because I just wanted to say hi again.

Shane has a mere SIX WEEKS left of training before we find out what he flys. He still wants helicopters, which would send us to Alabama. If he gets anything other than that, we will be in Del Rio until next May or so (I think). I'm sure I've said all this before so if I have you get to read it again. He's doing night flying this week so he's gone until 9 or 10 at night. He flew to Abilene, Fort Worth and San Antonio this past weekend. He's doing so well! Let's all GIVE HIM SOME LOVE!

In other news, I did a spin class last night AFTER my abs class and I remembered all over again why I hate spin...because its harder than concrete. It kicked my backside for the entire hour. If you could've read my thoughts it would've included a lot of really big, bad cuss words. Yeah, that's right, worse than  shoot and darn. (Jesus refine my mind while I workout).

It's been a few weeks, so let me catch you up. SO MUCH. Well, as many of you know, we were expecting a new addition to our family, and time came and went and now she's here! We named her Pickles. (and no that's not a nickname for the blog...its her real name). How did we come up with it you ask? Well, I love pickles. And pickle juice and I was eating them on the car ride to Dallas and Shane suggested that we name her Pickle, and I said "how about Pickles?"

Here is the precious bundle of joy:
Smiling for momma...(she has Bear's hair in her mouth because she likes to shepherd Bear as she brings back the frisbee)

Happy baby

Wrestling with Shane

And posing with her sister Bear!

She has been such a blessing for numerous reasons:
a) reminder that we are not ready to have actual children...like baby humans. (Bear and Pickles are definitely our kiddos.)

b) She is Bear's best friend. I had been feeling so badly for Bear because she was stuck at home with me all day, and we all know I'm really fun, but maybe not so fun for puppies. She doesn't really get my sense of humor.

c) They make my heart melt. And bring me joy, which could be weird because they're "dogs", but like I said, they're mostly our children.

d) and lastly, because she gives me a reason to post more pictures on my blog!

So, until the day comes that Shane and I decide to have "baby humans", I'll keep posting of these two crazy girls.

Another post will be coming at some point about some crafty things I've been hiding up my sleeves. But that takes a lot of time to do, and I'm just so busy.
I have been keeping myself occupied while Shane's at work. I kind of feel like I'm in college again because school's out and I get to do really lazy things like lay out at the pool and read books all day and take some naps and go workout...and of course watch really good shows like: (first and foremost) The Bachelorette, The Real Housewives of OC, Design Star, So You Think You Can Dance, and of course Keeping Up with the Kardashians Except I'm not in college anymore, school's not out for me. This is just my life---and I am blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment