Friday, October 19, 2012

I think I'm having a half-mid-life crisis

hello all!

I'm so sorry its taken me so long to update...the longer I waited the more I realized I had to update everyone on, so of course- I waited longer. But tonight is the perfect night for a blog post. I'm outside on our new back porch with a cup of tea, and I can see the steam coming from the glass because its chilly outside this evening. And that my friends, is a gift in itself. chilly-ness. Its where I feel my affections for the Lord (not shaken) but stirred.
I'm not listening to any music for the moment because its so peaceful out here surrounded by trees that reach the stars! Another gift...trees. Who would've thought?

Okay, so we are finally in Alabama and we are having a great time getting settled in. I'd say we are already past the "settlement" stage because we've been here like two weeks. Shane has officially started HH-1 (?) academics as of today and will be doing that for like 2 weeks? Oh, I don't know... I act like I do but I'm guessing. I don't have a very good memory. The commander told us the stages of it all and how long they were, but all I remembered was his graduation-- May 24th! That's when we find out what/where we'll be for like two years I think. Shane is wanting rescue helicopters (which I think I've said before). Their official name is HH-60. They seem to be the popular pick around here so for Shane to get them he's going to have to be first or second in his class I think. Honestly I'm kind of nervous, but then when I chill out and think about it I'm not because I know the Lord is bigger than all of this. So we are just asking him for HH-60 and trusting in His provision for us.

What does this mean for me you ask? (I know you all were biting your nails or on the edge of your seat-take your pick). I'm taking this time to really think about my passions and what I feel like the Lord made me to do. What things I love to do, and once I figure that out, maybe pursue those. My degree is in graphic design, but I most certainly do not have a passion for it so I'm not going to get a job just because I have a degree in it. There was one working with a newspaper that was available in a city over and I thought "oh hell no". So when I thought that, a light went off in my head that told me graphic design was no longer a career choice. I want to chase after the things that make my heart beat quicker when I think about them, you know?

This is where my half-mid-life crisis comes in. But its not a bad thing, its a discovering thing...and that's exciting. I'll keep you guys updated when I think about things I'm passionate about.

But in the mean time, let me update you on our craftiness.
I should really just make this a separate post because I have 2 big projects that I want to share-one in great detail. Until then, my companeros (companions in spanish, I think).

*suspense*


1 comment:

  1. I have tried three times to post a comment now! I am tecno retarded! Great blog! Makes me feel like I'm there! Mom

    ReplyDelete