Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nothing Feels Like Free

Hey all, 
It's been a long time, so sorry about that! Things have been really busy here since going to Nashville in January. 

Shane's parents got to come and visit this past weekend, and that was a blast. We are so thankful for our families and the blessing and good company they possess. Can't wait to see everyone in Vegas in April! 

Shane only has two classes before him before its HIS turn to GET HIS WINGS! It's gone so quickly here in Alabama, and we are so grateful for where we are. I know it was like a year ago, but my last post touched on how we were believing for a new season in our lives...its here! Come on! Seriously, thank you guys for all of the prayers. Apparently its bad for you or something to just quit "cold turkey" on medication, so I am going to the doctor sometime soon to check out how to get off of it safely. 

I can't tell you how relieved I am. Even though I'm still poppin the pills, I am free, and back to being myself again. I can't tell you how long its been since I've felt this way...and its because the Lord is awesome. (cue Our God is an awesome God, haha). 

On top of all of this freedom I'm beginning to walk in, the Lord has been blessing the socks of of Shane and I. No kidding. Nashville was kind of like a milestone or something (maybe not that serious), but a turning point for sure. Shane and I have received new direction for our lives, and for my purpose specifically, as we prepare for him to be away on deployment. That may be a long way off still (a year or so), but my heart is being prepared for his absence now...and I'm thankful for that. I am working for our financial freedom, but mostly for all of the dreams that God has planted in my soul. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I have a deep desire to see the nations glorify the Lord. My heart has always been to go. Somewhere along the way, I allowed life to get in the way of my dreams, instead of life working toward my dreams..and here we are at the turning point, where I'm headed back to where my soul longs to be--to see "all the nations come and worship you, for your righteous acts have been revealed..." (Rev. 15:4). I felt that the Lord was telling me this was going to be a year of great change, and we are excited to embrace that change; though already it has been different than I thought originally. I think there will be tough moments ahead, but SO worth it because at the end we get more of Jesus. We will be doing what others wouldn't so we can be living how others couldn't. WOOOOOO! It's gonna be a wild ride! 

I'm reading some great books, and since a lot of you won't think twice to actually go and buy the books, I'll give you a few quotes that have impacted me to make you want to get them :)

"The human mind can be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild. But whether cultivated or neglected, it must and will bring forth. If no useful seeds are put into it, then an abundance of useless weed-seeds will fall, accumulate and will reproduce their own kind. Just as the gardener cultivates the plot, keeping it free of weeds and cultivating the flowers and fruits which are required, so we may tend the garden of our mind, weeding out all the wrong useless, and impure thoughts and cultivating toward perfection the flowers and fruit of right, useful and pure thoughts."  

-James Allen 
As A Man Thinketh 

"Spoken words program your spirit (heart) either to success or defeat. Words are containers. They carry faith, of fear, and they produce after their kind..."

-Charles Capps
God's Creative Power




No comments:

Post a Comment