Wednesday, May 23, 2012

how is it schmay already?

Oh my Lord! Why is it so tough to keep up to date with my blog?

Let's catch up on the important stuff:

Shane had his solo flight today! That means it was the first time in pilot training he's flown by himself. So proud of him and so glad the Lord has given us His favor during this tough time.


Keep the prayers comin'...we've got a long way to go!

But as stressful as it has been, its also been a lot of fun sharing this with Shane. Coming home and being silly is fun...one of my favorite things about marriage.

One of the besties *Kel* came to visit last week after her birthday--what a breath of fresh air! Heller! Praise Him! Lots of laughs as always make me miss the days with my girls. We'll have to have a getaway at some point in the near future.

Life on base has been less than amazing, but not too terrible. I'm super blessed to say that I can do whatever I want all day long while Shane is working WAY too hard for the both of us. So basically I try to tell myself my life is vacation. So I've been keeping myself busy with my very first garden (pictures coming soon) and working out. Soon to add to the list of excitement: LAYING OUT. Yes, that's right folks, the pools opens on Monday. We all know what that means, SPF 150 and a good book. During my visit at the eye doctor I did find out about a cool place here in Del Rio called The Firehouse that apparently is a lot of fun for the spouses. Classes and such about being even more of a suzy home-maker. So maybe I'll check that out.

Shane and I are going to Dallas for Memorial Day weekend so fun (and shopping) will be had there I'm sure. I really want some of those cutie mint colored skinnys, but we'll see how they look on the 'ol tree trunks.

Meanwhile two of my favorite shows (Bachelorette & So You Think You Can Dance) have started for the summer and I will probably be posting about my favorites for those, because I know everyone really cares about my opinion in the matter.

I've got to go, because I really am loving Glee's episode right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment